Monday, April 7, 2008

These Boots Were Made for Farmin'...

Fun times with our friend Leah, back visiting her folks in Santa Fe from Washington, D.C. Since I've only had the opportunity to wear my Roberto Cavalli cheetah-print, 3-inch heel boots one or two times since I bought them in New York a couple years ago, I figured I'd go allllll out. A tractor ride would certainly help me break them in....



Leah came back to drop off her longtime companion, Mabel. Mabel is a Jack Russell terrier that I used to dog sit when Leah and I lived in Santa Fe in the late 90s. When Leah occasionally went off to D.C. to represent New Mexico in her state legislature finance position, I would take care of Mabel and her fellow Jack Russell in crime, Dirk Diggler (Boogie Nights had just come out in 1997).

Lots has changed since the Santa Fe days...Val and Leah are both married now and have established careers. Leah has two adorable children, but unfortunately Dirk had an incident with one of the kids so it was time for him to go. Luckily, he found a great new home, and his new dad gives Leah regular updates and is fond of posting videos of Dirk (new name now) rolling in the grass on YouTube.


Mabel must be at least 7 years old, and was getting increasingly less attention from Leah, husband and kids, so Leah decided she needed a good retirement. What better place to get lavish attention than with grandma and grandpa?







Mabel the retiree.




It was refreshing to see Leah and the people we used to hang out with in New Mexico before I ventured off to California, and Leah to D.C. After all, only this crowd would appreciate (and tolerate) those boots....




1 comment:

The Joffes said...

LOVE IT!!! So glam yet so not utilitarian.