Saturday, July 28, 2007
9. Cold foggy days of summer
8. Muni Delays
7. Earthquakes (well, they're not as bad as some may think...)
6. Heading to 300 days of sunshine a year
5. More elbow room - now we'll have some land!
4. Looking to build and influence community
3. Seeking reasonable traffic - if there is such a thing....
2. The mother of all porches woos us (and a hammock too)
And the number 1 reason why we're moving from the lovely Bay Area to the Land of Enchantment:
1. We can now purchase El Pinto green or red chile sauce in person rather than waiting to find it at a random, faraway grocery store!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
It was great to experience some local flavor at such a fun place. They have a collection of antique John Deere tractors, and they make a fine glass of beer (and excellent BBQ!). It was just what the doctor ordered after signing our lives away for two hours.
Here's to Valencia County!
Monday, July 16, 2007
The only thing that keeps us going through this week is that the home will be ours. It's the seed we will plant for bigger dreams not too far away. We're completely excited about this home and all its possibilities!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
One day, we'll be blogging about our success as community supported farmers. Or famous writers, working from our inspired home...or our crazy new little family we hope to start. Or let's take it in baby steps, and perhaps blog about our anticipated home improvements. Can't wait to roll up our sleeves and get to work!