Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I returned from a week of business travel Friday afternoon to a loving husband full of surprises. What a warm, welcome reception--a dozen roses and the surprise UPS delivery of a variation on a Claddagh ring, which I'll wear on my right hand with the heart pointing towards me ("someone has captured my heart").

It's still winter here, with temperatures dipping down to 19 degrees while I was gone last week. This means more time indoors, anxiously anticipating Spring. We spent the rest of the weekend preparing meals for each other, reading, learning, hiking among the volcanoes on Albuquerque's West Side, getting organized for the year ahead with our new desktop year planner, and excitedly choosing seeds from catalogs for spring planting: eggplants, peppers, squash, corn, onions, potatoes, you name it.

A simple, but fulfilling weekend. We hope you all experienced the same! Happy Valentine's and President's Days.

1 comment:

Tarzons said...

So pretty, Val! Love the ring, good job, Jon....such a nice husband you have!!